The Idaho Association of Museums (IAM) promotes and aids the enrichment and advancement of museums as educational centers, agencies of research, cultural centers, and the ultimate public repositories for objects having cultural, aesthetic, scientific, and historical significance.
IAM furthers cooperation and communication among museums, museum workers, and others interested in museums, and fosters and supports special training for professionals and volunteers. It sponsors public and museological programs that encourage cultural involvement, and generally furthers public understanding and interest in the goals of its member organizations.
IAM membership offers many benefits:
- IAM newsletter published three times a year
- Email updates on grants, resources, and other opportunities
- Travel stipends
- Professional development, education and networking
- Networking with other museums
- State and regional advocacy
- Annual conferences
- Web site with links to member museums and sites
Join IAM for workshops in Pocatello and Lewiston this October!
Need assistance getting to one or both workshops this fall? Apply for a travel stipend by September 12th! Download the application HERE.